- Using The Library
- About Us
Join the Camden County Library System’s 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Program!
Reading together is the single most important way to help children get ready to read! Strive to share 1000 Books with your child before they enter Kindergarten in this reading incentive program. Keep track & check in with us to earn prizes.
- Register at any Camden County Library Branch & receive a reading log.
- Fill in a circle on the log for each book you read.
- After 25 books, bring your log into the library to collect your first prize and get your next log.
- When you reach 100 books, you will receive another prize.
- Keep checking in with us every 100 books.
- At 1000 Books, your child will receive a certificate, free book, and be added to our Hall of Fame!
Download the iPhone or Android App that allows you to track their reading and record your library of books!
Need to find your next great read?
- Association for Library Service to Children's yearly Notable Children's Books
- Best Books for Babies
- Goodreads's Best Picture Books Listopia
- New York Public Library's 100 Great Children's Books
- 1000 Book's Books Your Child Should Hear Before Kindergarten
- Read Aloud America
- School Library Journal's Top 100 Picture Books
Here are some great early literacy websites!
- Deschutes Public Library: Raise a Reader
- DaybyDayNY: Family Literacy Calendar
- Jbrary: Tune in for Storytime Success
- Read Brightly
- Little Parachutes
- Books Build Connections Toolkit
Check out the official 1000 Books Before Kindergarten webpage.