- Using The Library
- About Us
It’s all ‘Underground’ with ‘Dig into Reading’ for kids and ‘Beneath the Surface’ for teens this summer
[Camden County Library System Director Linda Devlin and Associate Director David Lisa hold gift baskets prepared to be offered in raffles for participants in the summer reading program.]
VOORHEES, NJ – June 18, 2013 – The Camden County Library System is pleased to announce a full schedule of programs to engage children and teens in its summer reading programs at eight different branches starting this month.
The library is joining others across the state and the country in offering programs inspired by an “Underground” theme with “Dig into Reading” for children and “Beneath the Surface” for teen readers.
Participants in the summer reading programs can earn points for chances to win prizes by logging their time spent reading. Registration for any program is available by calling the local branch library or on the library system’s website at www.camdencountylibrary.org/events , where users can search by branch and date to find age-appropriate programs of interest.
“We know the importance of keeping our kids engaged during the summer months so their skills don’t get rusty over their vacation. Our dedicated librarians are creating and organizing scores of programs to attract kids into our facilities and keep them interested in reading. Every family should make sure to get their sons and daughters involved in the reading program,” recommends Camden County Freeholder Ian Leonard.
Each of the library’s eight branches is planning something special to celebrate their summer reading program:
• The Bellmawr Branch will have three basket raffles and three book clubs
• The Ferry Avenue Branch is offering food crafts and a Wii dance party
• The Gloucester Twp. Branch is offering weekly prizes for thee age groups
• The Haddon Twp. Branch has a Bollywood dance event and an interactive drumming program
• The Merchantville Branch is offering free hot dogs on National Hot Dog Day
• The Rutgers Branch is building a time capsule and hosting Mr. Malcolm to dig into reading
• The South County Branch is conducting a teddy bear clinic and hosting singer Sara O’Brien
• The Vogelson Branch kicks off summer reading with, ‘Twas the Night Before Summer
Pick up a copy of the seasonal newsletter “Imagine that …” for Summer 2013 at any one of the library’s eight branches to find a comprehensive listing of programs planned for all ages or go to our website at www.camdencountylibrary.org/newsletter to see an electronic version that can be printed out.
Established in 1921, Camden County Library System seeks to meet the recreational, informational and educational needs of its customers with locations in Bellmawr, Camden, Gloucester Township, Haddon Township, Merchantville, Winslow Township and Voorhees. The Library is governed and supported by the Camden County Board of Freeholders and the Camden County Library Commission.